- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Study: Only 5% of Americans have made purchase on a social media site
- Facebook Q2 revenue, profit soar amid strong increases in mobile ad spending
- Twitter testing ‘buy’ button enabling shopping directly from a Tweet
- Facebook buys video ad company LiveRail
Menlo Park, Calif. – Facebook will reportedly soon begin testing a new feature called “Trending Topics” with some U.S. mobile users. As reported by All Things D, Trending Topics will display a banner highlighting a specific topic. If the user clicks the banner, they will see related comments and posts from friends and other Facebook users they don’t know.
According to All Things D, Trending Topics is an attempt by Facebook to both operate more like Twitter and also to help boost conversations about celebrities. A Facebook executive is quoted in the article as saying Facebook is not moving away from its core mission of connecting people who know each other but instead trying to help surface existing conversations about celebrities and other popular topics.