- Take our social media survey for a chance to win an ipad
- Call for Entries: Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- 'Virtual Assistant' technology makes retail debut at Duane Reade
- Leveraging the 13 Seasons of Retail to Achieve Consumer Centricity
- October sales generally up, but short of estimates; Buckle leads apparel
New York City -- Wall Street analysts expect retailers to report a healthy end to the holiday season, fueled by discounts, improved consumer sentiment and such tactics as extended hours and layaways, Reuters reported.
Twenty-two major chains, from Macy's Inc. to Costco Wholesale Corp, are likely to post an aggregate 4.3% increase in December same-store sales according to Thomson Reuters.