- Whole Foods launches construction in Shererville, Indiana
- Simon is planning a digital concierge network
- Shoe Carnival earnings drop on income tax expenses; plans 23–28 stores
- CBRE Group acquires Louisville, Kentucky affiliate
- Ross Dress for Less to open 3 Indiana stores as part of 2014 expansion plan
Seattle -- REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc.) will open a store in Indianapolis, Ind. at the Plaza at Castleton next spring.
The approximately 23,800-sq.-ft, store will be the outdoor goods and apparel retailer’s first location in Indiana, and will include a bike shop for quick assemblies and repairs, a seasonal gear rental department, and a community space that will allow REI and its local partners to host classes, presentations and events to educate customers and members on a variety of outdoor topics.
REI currently operates 117 retail stores in 28 states.