- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
- Office Depot names former Toys 'R' Us exec as executive VP of retail
- Roger Farah to retire from Ralph Lauren
- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- Target replaces Canada head, promotes U.S. execs
Seattle -- REI announced that Angela Owen has been named senior VP marketing and Lee Fromson has become senior VP merchandising.
As senior VP marketing, Owen will lead REI's advertising, social and emerging media, online and direct marketing, and customer insights efforts. Owen, most recently senior VP merchandising, is replacing Tom Vogl, who left REI to join a technology firm.
Fromson, REI's new senior VP merchandising, will oversee the company's merchandising strategy, financial planning, inventory management strategies and vendor partnership development. Fromson joined REI in 2006, serving as VP of REI Private Brands, a division that accounts for a significant portion of the company's sales.