- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Signet completes acquisition of Zale Corp., creating jewelry Goliath in malls
- Family Dollar adopts poison pill after Icahn stake revealed
- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
New York -- A Thursday report by Reuters said that RadioShack is considering bringing in a financial advisor to guide the struggling chain toward managing its looming debts and spiraling sales.
According to the report, which cited unidentified sources, RadioShack will hear pitches from financial advisers in the coming weeks, looking for the right fit to deal with $216.4 million in convertible notes coming due August 1, as well as falling sales capped off by a 7.6% drop in the first quarter of 2013.
Last year, RadioShack brought in turnaround firm AlixPartners to provide advice with inventory and distribution.