- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- TargetExpress format in works
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Lakeland, Fla. Publix announced Thursday that its first-quarter sales were $6.2 billion, up 6% from last year’s $5.9 billion. Comp-store sales increased 3.6% over last year.
Net earnings for the quarter were $343.2 million, an 8.1% increase over last year's $317.6 million.