- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- TargetExpress format in works
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
San Diego -- PriceSmart announced that for the month of April 2013 net sales increased 10.7% to $176.1 million, from $159.1 million in April a year earlier. For the eight months ended April 30, 2013, net sales increased 11.0% to $1,483.8 million.
For the four-week period ended April 28, same-store sales for the 29 warehouse clubs open at least 13 1/2 full months increased 9.6%, compared to the four-week period last year.
PriceSmart also announced that on May 3, 2013 it opened its third warehouse club in Colombia, in the city of Cali. The location brings to 31 the total number of warehouse clubs in operation by the company.