- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- How to Build Loyalty and Sales this Holiday Season and Beyond
Irving, Texas, Arecent study conducted by M/A/R/C Research and National In-Store found over 16% of consumers said they would stop visiting a store altogether as a result of a bad customer experience.
In store categories where consumers actively seek out advice and knowledge from sales associates, namely consumer electronics and home-improvement stores, consumers feel it is important to have sales associates who can assist them. Over 95% of consumers indicate sales associates are very/somewhat important, with two-thirds indicating they are very important.
"While product and price may bring customers in the door, executing the expected level of customer service keeps them from walking out and into a competitor's store," said Erika Cinicolo, research manager at M/A/R/C Research.