- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Don't Toy Around: Discover Consumer Influence On Holiday Shopping
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
Yonkers, N.Y. -- Poll results released Thursday by Consumer Reports found that, with only five shopping days left until Christmas, 68% of shoppers – or about 132 million Americans – have yet to finish their gift shopping.
Seventeen million are estimated to hit stores on Christmas Eve.
When asked which gift they were most likely to grab at the last-minute, 62% of shoppers said they would go with a gift card or gift certificate, 27% would opt for cash, while 15% would select liquor. Lottery tickets and candy would be a last-minute choice for 12% respectively, while 4% would issue an IOU or gift-to-be-determined.