- Report: HSN’s Mindy Grossman declined J.C. Penney CEO offer
- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- J.C. Penney pursues sustainability in fiscal year 2012
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- J.C. Penney announces closing of new $2.35 billion credit facility
Fort Worth, Texas -- Pier 1 Imports has named Eric Hunter as executive VP of marketing, responsible for the company’s brand image and integrated marketing efforts. He most recently served as senior VP of marketing and acting chief marketing officer for J.C. Penney Co., where he led strategy, research, creative, media, customer relationship management and digital direction for the JCP enterprise brand and all JCP-owned brands.
Previously, he served as chief marketing officer & group president with Kellwood Company, an affiliated portfolio company of Sun Capital Partners.
Hunter’s appointment at Pier I comes days after the company credited misguided marketing as one of the reasons for its poor performance in the second quarter.