- PetSmart investor Longview joins Java in calling for sale
- PetSmart opens pop-up dog park in Detroit
- PetSmart names exec VP of customer experience to boost omnichannel effort
- Jana Partners discloses 9.9% stake in PetSmart; asks retailer to explore options
- PetSmart president and COO to retire; announces management changes
Phoenix -- PetSmart reported Wednesday that net income in the first quarter rose 28% to $70.9 million, compared with $55.6 million in the year-ago period. Results beat Wall Street expectations.
Revenue increased almost 7% to $1.49 billion, from $1.40 billion in the previous year. Same-store sales rose by 5%.