- PetSmart investor Longview joins Java in calling for sale
- PetSmart opens pop-up dog park in Detroit
- PetSmart names exec VP of customer experience to boost omnichannel effort
- Jana Partners discloses 9.9% stake in PetSmart; asks retailer to explore options
- PetSmart president and COO to retire; announces management changes
Phoenix -- PetSmart reported Wednesday that net income for the second quarter surged 31% to $79 million, from $61 million in the year-ago period.
Sales advanced 9% to $1.6 billion, and same-store sales grew 7.0%.
“Our performance in the second quarter was due to strength across all three merchandising categories, as well as across services,” said Bob Moran, chairman and CEO.