- Best Buy Q2 profit, same-store sales down but online traffic up 22%
- PetSmart investor Longview joins Java in calling for sale
- Activist hedge fund gets anonymous PetSmart 'internal change' tip
- Brookstone preparing to file bankruptcy; eyes acquisition by Spencer’s
- Survey: Payment card fraud rises in 2013
Phoenix -- PetSmart's fourth-quarter net income rose 20%, helped by more customer transactions and a strong holiday season.
The chain's net income rose to $90.3 million from $75 million in the same period last year. Revenue rose 8% to $1.52 billion. Same-store sales were up 6.3 %.
For the year, net income increased 21% to $239.9 million. Revenue rose 6% to $5.04 billion.