- J.C. Penney pursues sustainability in fiscal year 2012
- Stein Mart names former Neiman Marcus CEO to board
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Plano, Texas -- J.C. Penney Co. announced that departing Saks Inc. CEO and chairman Stephen Sadove has been elected to its board of directors.
Sadove's election is effective upon his leaving Saks, which will occur once the acquisition of the upscale department store by Hudson's Bay Company is completed, which is expected by the end of the year.
Sadove is a highly regarded industry veteran. He is the current chairman of the National Retail Federation.
Penney also announced that Geraldine Laybourne is stepping down from the board to focus more time as chairman of Kandu, a startup tech company for kids.