- Dollar General digs in as Family Dollar rebuffs takeover bid
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
- Brookstone preparing to file bankruptcy; eyes acquisition by Spencer’s
- Report: Analyst firm Wedbush sees ‘imminent’ RadioShack bankruptcy
- Dollar General makes hostile bid for Family Dollar
Wilmington, Del., MBNA has begun issuing credit cards that feature MasterCard PayPass contactless payment technology to its new and existing customers in Atlanta, with customers in additional markets to follow in the coming months, the bank said today.
PayPass integrates a radio-frequency chip and antennae in the card plastic. The technology allows the customer to tap her card on specially equipped merchant terminals to pay. "We're always looking for new ways to make everyday life easier for MBNA customers," said MBNA group executive David Turner.