- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
New York City -- Gap’s Old Navy unit will roll out more than 1,000 sports-oriented store-within-stores on Tuesday, selling branded goods of more than 70 Division I schools, as well as National Football League teams.
The Super Fan Nation in-store concepts are being launched with a seven-figure marketing campaign that will include advertising at college stadiums and arenas, in-store appearances by college bands, cheerleaders and mascots, and a 10-day national television advertising campaign.
Old Navy began selling some sports merchandise in 2009, and the retailer said strong historical performance from the category made the expansion a natural fit. “The sports connection should have always been part of our DNA,” said Michelle Wlazlo, senior VP for merchandising.
The sports apparel and merchandising are exclusively designed for, and sold at, Old Navy. Clothing items will begin at $14.94, while accessories will retail from $5.50.