- Haagen-Dazs Shoppe partners with Buxton to map out expansion strategy
- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
- Retailers: Get your e-mails past the judge and the jury
- Sprouts Farmers Market to roll out AccessVia’s signage solution
- Retail Store of the Year: Barbie’s Winning Dreamhouse
Purchase, N.Y. -- Old Colony Square Center in Jersey City, N.J., will look like new by the end of the year. Owner National Realty & Development Corp. will begin renovations to the Pathmark-anchored center this summer.
With more than 425,000 people living within three miles and a median household income of $62,513, the center continues to attract new tenants. Earlier this year, NRDC welcomed Advance Auto Parts, Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen and a local pizzeria.
The facelift will include new canopies, columns, exterior lighting and updated storefronts featuring fresh, modern neutral colors.
NRDC will also improve pedestrian access with new walkways and crosswalks.
The new look will enable the center to keep pace with the surrounding community, which recently redeveloped neighboring brownstones, opened a new hospital and opened a new charter school.