- Walmart.com using new search engine with semantic search technology; seeing 10% to 15% increase in completed purchases
- It's Official: OfficeMax and Office Depot to merge
- OfficeMax profit drops in Q4, plans store closures
- OfficeMax launches Google Wallet
- OfficeMax Q1 profit plummets, to close 35 stores
Naperville, Ill. -- OfficeMax Inc. announced Thursday a new search engine on Officemax.com designed to speed up shopping and provide more accurate search and recommendation results.
In its first month with the new search engine, OfficeMax said that OfficeMax.com has already experienced an increase in conversion rate and customer satisfaction around site navigation, and more than a 60% increase in average revenue per visit.
"Search is the backbone of any successful internet retailer, and is the key to delivering the speed, accuracy and convenience that customers desire in their online shopping experience," said Jim Barr, OfficeMax executive VP and chief digital officer. "These improvements to our search capabilities make our customers' online shopping experience more intuitive and easier than ever before.”