- Bob’s Discount Furniture to be acquired by Bain Capital
- Private equity could ramp up ROI by emphasizing brands, customers
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- OfficeMax introduces new services center
Boca Raton, Fla. – Office Depot Inc. and OfficeMax Incorporated have selected The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to provide integration support for the two companies’ pending merger. BCG will provide a dedicated onsite support team and work with management from both companies to establish a detailed integration plan and establish an overall vision and priorities for the merger.
“With the support of BCG, we will pursue our objectives of ensuring a smooth and productive transition, appropriately managing risks, and capturing the maximum of annual cost synergies projected to be $400-$600 million by the third year following the transaction’s close,” said Office Depot Chairman and CEO Neil Austrian.
Office Depot and OfficeMax have also established an integration management office and appointed several executives from both companies.