- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Saks Off 5th plans seven new stores
- Target online veteran to head up inRetail, new omni-channel retail agency
- Report: Home Depot to spend $300 million on tech, new DCs, same-day shipping
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
Seattle -- Nordstrom announced plans to relocate its Nordstrom Rack at The Mall at The Source to the Gallery at Westbury Plaza. The new store will be located approximately a quarter of a mile from the existing location and is expected to open in fall 2012.
The Long Island Nordstrom Rack was the first Rack store to open in New York in 1997. By relocating, Nordstrom Rack will be able to open a new 36,000-sq-ft. store in a new development that is closer to the Nordstrom full-line store at Roosevelt Field. Nordstrom operates three Rack stores and two full-line stores in the State of New York.
Gallery at Westbury Plaza is a new 330,000-sq.-ft., open-air shopping center located off Old Country Road. The new Nordstrom Rack will be located on the second level of the center. Galley at Westbury Plaza is owned and operated by Equity One.