- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Retail Store of the Year Design Competition early bird rate ends on Nov. 29
- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Report: Costco, Nordstrom tops in returns
New York - Nordstrom is putting its foot in the bridal business, opening an in-store bridal boutique called the Wedding Suite at its Chicago flagship on North Michigan Avenue, according to the Chicago Tribune. The department store retailer is positioning itself as a one-stop shop for wedding parties, and will unveiling 14 bridal salons at stores nationwide over the next six weeks, the report said.
The Nordstrom bridal boutique has a luxurious feel, and features oversized fitting rooms furnished with upholstered seating. Dedicated wedding stylists assist customers, according to the report, and Apple iPads are on hand so brides can search the Web to show the stylists what kinds of gowns they like.
Nordstrom is slated to open additional Wedding Suite in-store shops at select stores nationwide, including Oak Brook, Ill., Scottsdale, Ariz.; Canoga Park, San Francisco and San Jose, Calif.; Coral Gables, Fla.; Paramus, N.J.; Garden City, N.Y.; Dallas, Houston and San Antonio; McLean, Va.; and Seattle, the Chicago Tribune reported.