- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Top 10 Stories of the First Half of 2014
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
- Regular Cleaning of Condenser Coils in Refrigeration and Freezer Appliances Results in Maximum Efficiency
West Babylon, N.Y.
The NewAcoustic stretch ceiling system is designed for high acoustical absorption for ceiling or wall applications. Designed by Newmat, a specialist in stretch ceilings, this system consists of a patented microperforated PVC membrane that can be installed by itself or over an acoustical core.
NewAcoustic, one of many Newmat lines, is a flexible PVC membrane cut to order and stretched onto a PVC or aluminum extruded rail with a semi-rigid perimeter harpoon pre-welded on the membrane. The maximum size for each ceiling section is 250 sq. ft. to 1,250 sq. ft. depending on the selected color and finish. Large projects may require a divider or double rail to create manageable-sized sections. NewAcoustic provides a noise-reduction coefficient (NRC) from 0.5 to 1.0, a range that can be customized depending on a selected acoustical core (if desired) and the mounting type. Special grommets and rings are available for any fixture that needs to penetrate the membrane such as lights, vents, smoke detectors, or sprinklers. This installation is performed after ceiling installation.