- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- CSA First Look: J.C. Penney's Brooklyn Debut
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
- J.C. Penney tops views in first quarter; same-store sales up 6.2%
- J.C. Penney opens its first-ever store in Brooklyn on Aug. 29
New York -- CIT Group Inc., the largest commercial lender in the U.S. apparel industry, has stopped supporting deliveries from smaller manufacturers to J.C. Penney stores, the New York Post reported on Wednesday.
The reason for the crackdown could not be immediately confirmed, the report said, but insiders speculated that CIT got nervous after getting a peek at Penney’s financials.