- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Seven Ways Retailers Can Keep Customers Coming Back
- Early Hanukkah, Late Thanksgiving to Impact Holiday Shopping
Quincy, Mass. -- Stop & Shop Supermarket has opened a store in Andover, Mass., that offers a variety of high-tech shopping solutions, including Check It! self checkout lanes, and Scan It! hand held devices that allow customers to scan and bag groceries while they shop. Customers can also pre-order deli items at designated Order It! kiosks.
The new store is also energy-efficient, and utilizes ECM motors in the refrigerated fixtures and walk-in coolers and low-mercury, energy-efficient T5 HO fluorescent light fixtures with occupancy sensors in the storage areas and offices. Other energy-saving features include:
- LED lights for accent lighting (also in the refrigerated display cases and interior/exterior signage);
- An energy management system to monitor the performance of the lighting, refrigeration, and HVAC systems, and
- Low flow fixtures in the bathrooms and prep areas to reduce water consumption.