- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Bloomberg: Home Depot cutting health benefits for 20,000 part-timers
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- D.C. Council upholds mayor's veto of 'living wage' bill
Philadelphia Mothers Work Inc., which operates A Pea in the Pod and other maternity-apparel stores, said Thursday that November same-store sales rose 0.6%. The retailer said same-store sales were helped by a calendar shift of more Fridays during the month compared with last year.
Total November sales fell 5.3% to $44 million from $46.5 million last year. The sales decline is mainly due to the company's closure of its remaining leased departments within Sears stores in June.