- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- How Technology Has Revolutionized Sales Tax Management
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
London -- Wm. Morrison Supermarkets PLC said Thursday that it has acquired a 10% stake in U.S. online grocer FreshDirect, based in New York City.
According to Morrison, the U.K. fourth-largest supermarket chain, the acquisition marks its debut in the online food market.
Morrison has also announced plans to test a c-store format and to expand its grocery store counts in order to increase its presence in the U.K grocery market.
Morrison will pay $51.7 million for the 10% stake in FreshDirect. It will also take a seat on its board.