- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
Irving, Texas -- Michaels said Monday it is rolling out a mobile-optimized site app as well as mobile coupons with the objective of driving in-store traffic.
The retailer, which already has a strong presence on Facebook and Twitter, has zeroed in on mobile initiatives as a way to reach time-pressed customers.
The company is using QR codes and SMS to engage with its customers, and is now targeting smartphone users with mobile discounts. The new app links users to added content, gives information about locations and in-store events, and enables shoppers to scan mobile barcodes on items and create shopping lists.