- Men's Wearhouse to acquire Jos. A. Bank for $1.8 billion
- Men’s Wearhouse ups bid for Jos. A. Bank bid to $1.8 billion
- Men’s Wearhouse urges Jos. A. Bank to consider buyout, may raise offer
- Men’s Wearhouse engages AlixPartners to support Jos. A. Bank merger
- Men’s Wearhouse launches omni-channel inventory visibility
Fremont, Calif. -- The Men's Wearhouse Inc. reported Wednesday that net income for the first quarter rose 23% to $33.1 million, from $26.9 million last year.
Sales for the company that runs Men’s Wearhouse namesake stores, along with the Moores and K&G chains, increased 5.1% to $616.5 million, beating Wall Street’s expected $604.7 million in revenue. Same-store sales rose 7.1% at namesake stores, but slid 5.3% at K&G.