- Holiday Deadline Extension: Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Home centers among Irene’s retail winners, apparel stores lose out
- Federal Realty Celebrates a Half-Century in Retail
- Five Below opens five stores in Detroit market, sees potential for 25
- Call for Entries: Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
Grand Rapids, Mich. -- Meijer will open its first supercenter in the city of Detroit, at the Gateway Marketplace shopping center, on July 25. The 190,000-sq.-ft. store will include fresh produce and a full-service, drive-thru pharmacy walk-in health screenings, immunizations and specially trained diabetes-care pharmacists.
“We are thrilled to offer the Meijer experience to our new neighbors," Meijer Co-chairman Doug Meijer said. "There's so much history and pride here, so many people who've lived their entire lives in the city of Detroit, that the opportunity to provide healthy living options and help encourage growth is something our company is grateful to be a part of."