- Welcome to the New Customer Disruption Newsletter
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Westfield Garden State Plaza brings digital technology to physical world
- OfficeMax accelerates e-commerce innovation
- Animated mannequins steal show at Gaultier exhibit in New York
Berwyn, Ill. -- The city council of Berwyn, Ill., has unanimously approved a redevelopment agreement with Meijer to anchor the city’s Cermak Plaza shopping center. Meijer currently has nearly 200 locations in the Midwest, and this newest site will be the closest location to downtown Chicago.
Meijer recently announced a new format, Chicagoland, for the urban marketplace. These urban infill stores will focus largely on grocery and pharmacy but will still offer general merchandise for a one-stop-shopping experience.
"The Berwyn Development Corp. (BDC) was very interested in attracting this high-quality retailer when we learned of their new urban prototype and directed our energy into making this transaction happen. Berwyn was a natural fit for their expansion plans," stated Anthony Griffin, executive director of the BDC.