- Retailers post strong November sales, apparel a top-performer
- Michael Francis leaves Target for J.C. Penney
- Meijer to open new urban format in Chicago suburb
- Meijer to invest $75 million remodeling 10 stores in Michigan, Ohio
- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
Grand Rapids, Mich. -- Meijer said Tuesday it has named J.K. Symancyk president of the company, effective Feb. 3. Symancyk was named COO of Meijer last year.
“I am pleased to introduce J. K. as our next company president," said Hank Meijer, co-chairman and CEO. "J. K. has been a key member of our leadership team, including most recently as our COO, and he has played an important role in the growth and success of Meijer since joining us in 2006."