- Sprint, MasterCard, First Data and Citibank team up for Google Wallet mobile payment service
- MasterCard Advisors: Sales mixed in April
- Mastercard holiday wrap-up report: Holiday sales up 5.5%, strongest increase in five years
- SpendingPulse: Retail growth solid in March
- MasterCard Spending Pulse: April’s total retail sales up 8.8% year-over year
Toronto -- McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited and MasterCard Canada have introduced the MasterCard PayPass contactless payment technology at participating restaurant locations throughout the country.
PayPass point-of-sale payment terminals have been installed at more than 1,400 McDonald's restaurants in Canada, giving patrons the option to tap-and-go when making purchases.
“We believe in giving our customers a quick and convenient way to enjoy quality food and superior service," said Jacques Mignault, COO, McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited. "MasterCard PayPass allows us to offer our valued customers greater convenience with a quicker and easier way to make purchases."
Consumers with a PayPass-enabled MasterCard credit card or mobile phone can quickly and securely pay for their purchases with a simple tap of their card or phone on a PayPass POS terminal. The transaction is confirmed within seconds, and the consumer never has to let go of his card or phone.