- MasterCard Spending Pulse: April’s total retail sales up 8.8% year-over year
- MasterCard Advisors: Sales mixed in April
- Mastercard holiday wrap-up report: Holiday sales up 5.5%, strongest increase in five years
- SpendingPulse: Retail growth solid in March
- Merchants to appeal preliminary ruling in proposed interchange settlement
New York -- A report released Wednesday by MasterCard revealed that Canadian retail sales, which grew just 1.6% in December, trailed the U.S., which also posted less than stellar results for the month.
Sales in the U.S. advanced 2.4% in December.
Canada’s results were particularly disappointing, considering the country’s December sales grew 4.3% in December 2011, according to MasterCard’s SpendingPulse report.