- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Deadline Extended for Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- HSN Inc. increases net income, sales during Q4 and fiscal 2013
Indianapolis, Marsh Supermarkets Inc. posted a second-quarter loss Tuesday, reversing a year-ago profit, and said that it was considering a sale of the company.
The company posted a loss of $3.4 million, or 43? per share, compared with a profit of $1.3 million, or 16? per share, a year ago. Revenue rose 5% to $549.6 million from $524.9 million. Same-store merchandise sales fell 0.7% when gasoline sales were excluded.
The company said that it hired Merrill Lynch to help it explore strategic alternatives including a possible sale, and suspended future quarterly cash dividends until financial performance improved.