- Toys ‘R’ Us moves interim CEO into role permanently; names new U.S. president
- Wal-Mart names new CEO; company vet Doug McMillon to succeed Mike Duke
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Nordstrom Rack to open in Reno, Nev.
- Hodgdon Group completes Ashley Furniture HomeStore in Sacramento
Cincinnati -- Macy's is enhancing its presence in the Las Vegas market. The department store retailer has signed on as the first anchor tenant at the Shops at Summerlin, in west Las Vegas.
Macy’s will build a two-level, 180,000-sq.-ft. store in the open- air center, which is being developed by The Howard Hughes Corp. The new Macy’s is expected to open in fall 2014, with construction beginning in fall 2013.
The 1.5 million sq.-ft. Summerlin will feature over 125 stores and restaurants.
In addition, Macy’s will expand its presence in the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas, with a new two-level, 105,000-sq.-ft. Macy’s Men’s Store to open in spring 2013.
The new Macy’s Men’s Store will be located in a former Robinson’s-May location that currently is vacant. Macy’s will occupy about half the space, with construction expected to begin in October 2012.
With these two new locations, Macy’s presence in the Las Vegas market will expand to a total of seven stores.