- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Helena Foulkes named president of CVS/pharmacy
- IBM: Physical stores will turn the tables in five years as buying local beats online
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Target in big multichannel holiday push; rolling out in-store pickups
New York City -- CVS Caremark announced that Mark Cosby has been appointed president of CVS/pharmacy, effective Oct. 1. He formerly served as president of stores for Macy’s.
“We’re delighted that Mark is joining our team,” Larry Merlo, CEO of CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS) said in a news release. “His valuable experience at major retailers in operations and strategic planning makes him an excellent choice to lead our retail business going forward.”
Cosby succeeds Merlo, who led CVS’ retail business prior to taking over as CEO in March 2011.