- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Wal-Mart doubles small-store expansion amid weak sales and lowered outlook
- Three New Must-See Retail Stores in New York City
- Office Depot names former Toys 'R' Us exec as executive VP of retail
- Wal-Mart launches money transfer service between stores
Bentonville, Ark. -- Less than three months after joining Walmart’s merchandising organization as an executive VP, Duncan Mac Naughton on Friday was elevated to the role of chief merchandising officer for the U.S. stores division.
The timing of the move was curious considering that Mac Naughton joined Walmart’s U.S. team in October 2010 as part of a merchandising restructuring that created an organization with merchandising responsibilities divided among four executive VPs who reported directly to Walmart U.S. president and CEO Bill Simon. At the time, Mac Naughton was given oversight of Walmart’s consumables, health and wellness and Walmart.com businesses.
Simon didn’t elaborate on the timing of Mac Naughton’s move and there was no mention in the press release announcing the promotion or whether other changes were made within the merchandising group.
Prior to joining Walmart U.S. last fall, Mac Naughton had served as chief merchandising officer of Walmart Canada since 2009. Before that he served at executive VP merchandising and marketing at Supervalu and has also held position with Kraft Foods, H.E. Butt Grocery Co. and Albertson’s.