- Lowe’s scales back openings, closing 20 underperforming stores
- Lowe’s face backlash in wake of canceling ads on ‘All-American Muslim’ reality show
- Lowe's teams with Microsoft to improve customer service
- Lowe's execs unveil digital moves
- J.D. Powers: Ace Hardware ranks highest in home improvement stores survey
Mooresville, N.C. -- Lowe’s Cos. Inc. said Thursday it has named Michael Jones chief merchandising officer, effective immediately. Jones was previously president of the North American and Latin American divisions of Husqvarna, an outdoor equipment manufacturer.
The retailer also announced that Stephen J. Szilagyi has been promoted to supply chain executive, from his current position as SVP distribution.
There has been talk in the industry about either of the two being groomed for the CEO spot, but Lowe’s chief customer officer said Thursday in an interview with Bloomberg that the executive shifts were part of the normal course of doing business.
“We always hire new executives to these senior positions at Lowe’s who have the ability to go beyond just the responsibilities we’re asking them to step into,” Greg Bridgeford told Bloomberg. “There are no discussions about Robert [Niblock, current CEO] leaving his current position.”