- Wal-Mart's tech lab buys Stylr mobile fashion app
- Uniqlo to enter Los Angeles market in September; announces five locations
- Plaza Hermosa adds state-of-the-art medical facility as part of improvements
- dd’s Discounts to open in downtown Portland, Oregon
- Ross Stores names chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler as new CEO
The mantra of “move, nourish, believe” occupies a prominent spot on the blue walls of Lorna Jane, Santa Monica, Calif. With its bright colors, fashionable accents, and welcoming atmosphere, the store has an upbeat, sporty-girl vibe that is very much in keeping with the Australian active wear brand’s positioning. Motivational expressions can be found throughout the space.
Lorna Jane, which is known for the eye-popping colors and innovative designs of its threads, operates 142 stores. The company entered the U.S. market in 2012, in Malibu, Calif. To date, it has opened some 17 stores here, primarily in Southern California. Most recently, it has started expanding into the Bay Area. Upcoming locations include Berkeley, Stonestown Galleria (San Francisco), Corte Madera and Santa Barbara.