- Abercrombie & Fitch uses predictive analytics for design, pricing
- Abercrombie renews CEO’s contract despite dissent; to hire brand presidents
- Victoria’s Secret opens beauty store in LAX Airport
- Report: Abercrombie to rebrand Hollister as fast-fashion chain
- Victoria’s Secret, Hudson Group partner on store at JFK terminal; more expected in 2014
Columbus, Ohio -- Limited Brands reported Wednesday that fourth quarter profit dropped 21% to $359.4 million, from $452.3 million in the year-ago period.
The parent to Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works and Henri Bendel was negatively impacted by a large restructuring charge for an asset write-down and closures of some of its La Senza lingerie stores. Last quarter’s profit decrease breaks a streak of four consecutive quarters of year-over-year profit increases.
Revenue rose to $3.52 billion from $3.46 billion, matching Wall Street expectations. Same-store sales increased 7%.
For the full year, Limited Brands reported a profit of $850.1 million, up from $804.8 million in fiscal 2010. Revenue rose 8% to $10.4 billion.