- Charming Shoppes to sell off Fashion Bug, add 125 Lane Bryant stores
- Charming Shoppe’s Lane Bryant rolls out personalized search technology
- Ascena Retail to acquire Charming Shoppes for $890 million
- Charming Shoppes selects Oracle Retail to drive cross-channel growth, improve inventory management
- Lane Bryant opens NYC flagship
Suffern, N.Y. -- Ascena Retail Group announced that Linda Heasley has accepted the position of president and CEO of Lane Bryant effective Feb. 18. Heasley joins Lane Bryant division after six years as president and CEO of The Limited. (The Limited has announced a search for a new chief executive.)
During her time with The Limited, Heasley revamped store product lines; introduced new brand positioning; launched e-commerce; commissioned a new store design; introduced a new plus-size brand, inaugurated a new national advertising campaign and returned The Limited to sustained profitability for the first time in 17 years.
In addition to The Limited, Heasley has held numerous senior leadership roles at Timberland, Limited Brands, Inc. and CVS.
David Jaffe, president and CEO of the Ascena Retail Group, commented: “A very focused search process was conducted and the organization was able to attract a number of highly qualified candidates. Linda is the ideal person to lead Lane Bryant. She has a track record of impressive business results, an engaging and collaborative style, and a passion for the customer.”