- Target replaces Canada head, promotes U.S. execs
- Kroger recognized for disability hiring efforts
- Kroger debuts Retail Site Intelligence, new enterprise IT architecture
- Walmart U.S. e-commerce names new head as Joel Anderson leaves for Five Below
- Target launches image recognition app for mobile shopping
Cincinnati -- The Kroger Co. announced the promotion of Jeff Burt as president of the company's Central division. Kroger's Central Division operates 136 food stores primarily in Indiana and Illinois.
Burt, 50, has been group VP of perishables merchandising and procurement since 2010. He succeeds Bob Moeder, who recently announced his plans to retire this spring.
“In his 27-year career with Kroger, Jeff has demonstrated strong leadership skills and a deep understanding of our business,” said Rodney McMullen, president and chief operating officer of Kroger. “His enthusiasm, keen sense of the customer, and experience in merchandising and operations will be tremendous assets to the Central Division team.”