- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
- Fast-fashion retailers slow down to engage with customers
- Ensuring PCI DSS compliance without going broke or sacrificing your customers’ experience
- Home Depot launches Fujitsu self-checkout software
- Handicapping healthcare reform’s impact on retailers
New York City -- At the National Retail Federation Convention in New York City on Monday, Fujitsu announced the unveiling of a new checkout technology that is designed to significantly reduce checkout times, improve customer experience and reduce operational costs.
The Kroger Co. is currently evaluating the new technology, called the Advantage Checkout System, in a limited number of its stores, according to Fujitsu. The team said they will demo the product live at the convention Jan. 10-13.