- Congress extends implementation date of final rule governing gift cards
- Retailers: Get your e-mails past the judge and the jury
- Sprouts Farmers Market to roll out AccessVia’s signage solution
- Haagen-Dazs Shoppe partners with Buxton to map out expansion strategy
- Report: Kohl's expects online business to rise 30%
Menomonee Falls, Wis. Kohl’s Corp. said Wednesday that while it is still behind major rivals in its Internet business volume, it expects to increase online sales in 2008.
"Our Internet business is going to grow hugely this year, particularly in the second half," Kohl's CEO Larry Montgomery said at a Bank of America conference that was broadcast over the Internet.
According to Montgomery, a new Web site and expanded online assortment would help the push.
Kohl’s has reported drops in same-store sales for the past three months. Montgomery said lower-end goods were showing the most weakness.