- Barneys Co-Op Named Store of the Year in CSA Design Competition
- Kohl’s celebrates opening 30 stores; remodeling 100 locations
- Kohl’s will open 40 new stores in 2011 and remodel 100 existing units
- J.C. Penney pins future on new, three-tiered pricing strategy and in-store shops
- Kohl’s Department Stores, multiple locations
Menomonee Falls, Wis. -- Kohl’s Department Stores has scored a big coup. The chain announced that Narciso Rodriguez will be the first designer for the retailer’s new limited-edition collection concept called DesigNation, which will feature fashions based on international inspiration from different premier designers.
The launch DesigNation collection will draw creative influence from Rodriguez’s trip to Istanbul, Turkey, earlier this year. It will be available exclusively at Kohl’s and Kohls.com beginning in early November.
Kohl’s will launch multiple DesigNation collections throughout the year. Each collection will feature a different designer, marrying his or her aesthetic with influence from various international destinations.
Rodriguez has dressed many celebrities for the Red Carpet, including Sarah Jessica Parker, Claire Danes, Julianna Margulies and Rachel Weisz. First Lady Michelle Obama has also worn his creations.