- 2014 Retail Store of the Year: And the winners are …
- Regular Cleaning of Condenser Coils in Refrigeration and Freezer Appliances Results in Maximum Efficiency
- Spotlight on Hazardous Waste Laws
- Redeveloping Retail: America’s Top Redevelopers
- White House | Black Market, Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto
New York City King Kullen Grocery Co. and its subsidiary, Wild by Nature, have joined with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Earth-friendly GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership, a voluntary program to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices that protect the stratospheric ozone layer, reduce greenhouse gases and save money.
“King Kullen and Wild by Nature have pledged to go above and beyond existing regulatory requirements to help protect the environment,” explained Cindy Newberg, branch chief in the EPA’s Stratospheric Protection Division.
“Both companies are in the process of establishing an inventory of current refrigerant emissions that affect climate change and the stratospheric ozone layer, and setting reduction targets for these emissions,” Newberg continued. “King Kullen and Wild by Nature should be commended for taking this major step towards reducing ozone-depleting refrigerant charges and minimizing refrigerant leaks.”
Headquartered in Bethpage, New York, King Kullen operates 49 stores on New York’s Long Island and Staten Island.