- Dick’s Q4 income jumps 30%; 34 stores on tap for 2011
- Neiman Marcus Q4 loss widens on debt-related expense as sales rise 11%
- Williams-Sonoma reports record earnings growth
- Coach Q3 profit boosted by strong sales in North America
- Target looks to top $100 billion sales mark boosted by Canada stores revenue
Hampstead, Md., JoS. A. Bank Clothiers said Monday its fiscal first-quarter profit climbed 42% on increased revenue to top Wall Street expectations. Earnings increased to $8.4 million from $5.9 million in the year-ago period.
Quarterly revenue rose 14% to $129.5 million from $113.7 million in the previous year. Same-store sales grew 3.8%, while direct-marketing sales rose 20.9%.