- Deloitte: Holiday shoppers use smartphones, stay local
- MasterCard: In-store Black Friday shopping to rise over last year
- Call for Entries: Chain Store Age’s Retail Store of the Year Design Competition
- Deloitte: More than half of consumers will shop Black Friday
- Apple unseats Coke as world’s most valuable brand
Melrose Park, Ill. Jewel-Osco announced that it has surpassed the sale of 1 million green reusable shopping bags.
"We are seeing more and more people buying and using recyclable shopping bags," said Keith Nielsen, president of Jewel-Osco. "This is likely due to the heightened awareness about the environment and the impact of plastic bags in landfills."
Jewel-Osco began selling its green reusable shopping bags last August in all of its stores.
Since then, the company has introduced a line of insulated blue bags designed to keep cold and hot products temperature-controlled, as well as a few specialty printed reusable bags.