- Tim Hortons to open 300 U.S. stores by 2018
- Canadian retailer Jean Coutu Group debuts online shopping via window displays
- Sport Chek opens digital-savvy flagship in West Edmonton Mall
- Canadian court gives OK to Shoppers Drug Mart acquisition
- Canada’s Jean Coutu Group selects Microsoft Dynamics for Retail
Longueuil, Quebec, Drug store chain The Jean Coutu Group announced on Thursday that U.S. same-store sales were down 2.3% for the four-week period ended June 2.
Total retail sales in the United States were down 3.6% when compared with the May period of the 2006 fiscal year.
The company said the decreases were due to the Memorial Day holiday shift. Retail sales for the period were $731.8 million.