- Ron Johnson: ‘I was a terrible fit for J.C. Penney’
- Apple and IBM partner for business software
- Junction Solutions to implement Microsoft Dynamics at auto parts retailer Eckler
- Facebook tests ‘buy’ button to help companies drive sales
- Judge rules J.C. Penney 'interfered' in Macy’s/Martha Stewart deal; damages pending
Redmond, Wash. -- Microsoft announced that J.C. Penney is rolling out Microsoft Office 365 as part of its effort to simplify and modernize technology solutions.
"In selecting a cloud solution, we were looking for a partner who would support our goal of becoming America's favorite store," said Kristen Blum, chief technology officer, J.C. Penney. "And when we realized that we could improve customer service even more by providing cloud-based collaboration tools to increase communication between team members, it was easy to choose Microsoft and Office 365."
Office 365 is intended to improve remote access for employees and increase communication between stores, allowing team members to work seamlessly with colleagues at other locations while assisting customers.